Sunday, August 18, 2013

What's Coming?

I know I've not been as good about posting things as I'd like to be, and as I've said I'd be. So I just wanted to let everyone know what I've been working on. Other than actually filling a good number of orders for prayer ropes and rosaries, I've been reading through the series of 100 "sentences" by Sts. Ignatios and Kallistos Xanthopoulos. These "sentences" were written for monastics who lived in inner-city monasteries that were often very busy with visitors and other ministries. Because of this there is a lot of amazing and very practical advice for busy lay folks like myself and, I'm sure, most of you all.

I've almost completed my first reading of their "sentences." Once I'm done with that I am going to go through it and write some meditations/posts on some of their pieces that I think might most easily be applied to our day-to-day lives as lay people seeking to come closer to the Lord, to prepare our hearts to receive Him. So I will be creating another series similar to the one I did on The Arena by St. Ignatius Brianchaninov.

Thanks for your patience with all of this, and thanks for coming back and visiting this humble little blog. Happy Sunday, and may heaven consume us!

ICXC + NIKA,
Phillip

No comments:

Post a Comment