Saturday, April 28, 2012

Rosary


One last post for the morning. This is a Roman Catholic rosary that I made at the request of a friend and customer of mine. I've had several orders for these. This one is made out of black nylon-satin and is divided in the usual way rosaries are divided. Incidentally, these rosaries can also be used as prayer ropes for the Jesus Prayer or so that one can pray 1/3 of the "Rule of the Theotokos" - St. Seraphim of Sarov, I believe, encouraged people to pray just 1/3 of the "Rule of the Theotokos" if they didn't have the time to pray an entire 15 decades.

Although I made this rosary using the same knot that is used to make prayer ropes, I'm hoping in the near future to start making knotted rosaries using the knot that is most familiar among Roman Catholics.

No comments:

Post a Comment